What We Believe
1) We believe . . . that the Bible is the verbally inspired Word of God and without mistakes as originally written. It is the complete revelation of God’s will for salvation and the only unfailing rule of faith and practice for the Christian life.
2) We believe . . . in one God, Creator of all things, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and that these three are co-eternal, and of equal essence, dignity, and power.
3) We believe . . . in the deity of Jesus Christ; His miraculous conception by the Holy Spirit; His virgin birth; His sinless life; His substitutionary atoning death on a cross; His bodily resurrection; His ascension to the right hand of the Father; and His personal, imminent return.
4) We believe . . . in the deity and present ministry of the Holy Spirit who regenerates the spiritually dead unto life, enabling saving faith, permanently indwelling all believers, and empowering spiritual life, health, and ministry to every believer which is called sanctification. The Church universal is comprised of all baptized believers who with the empowerment of the Holy Spirit exist to love God, seek His presence and kingdom on the earth, encourage and equip the saints, and minister the gospel to all peoples throughout the world.
5) We believe . . . that man was created by and for God; that by man's disobeying God, every person incurred spiritual death, which is separation from God, and physical death as a consequence; and that all people are sinners by nature, choice, and practice.
6) We believe . . . the Lord Jesus Christ died for all sins and that all who believe in Him will be redeemed and declared righteous (justified) because of His perfect life, sacrificial death, glorious resurrection, and imputation of His righteousness to the believer, resulting in the believer remaining in right relationship with God.
7) We believe . . . in the resurrection and judgment of everyone. Those saved by grace through faith in Jesus are given everlasting life and will live with Almighty God in His eternal kingdom. Those that reject Jesus and His salvation are condemned to everlasting punishment.
Statement of Moral Principles
Given our current time and context, we highlight and affirm the following moral principles, acknowledging that other moral principles merit our further attention.
Scripture teaches that men and women are of equal value in the eyes of God. Accordingly, the church should treat women and men equally. We believe that both women and men are called to and gifted for ordained and licensed ministry.
We believe that all persons are of sacred worth. Therefore, we gladly welcome all who seek to grow in their relationship with God to attend worship services and participate in the church’s ministries. No person shall be disqualified from becoming a member of a local congregation, holding a leadership position in the church, or becoming an ordained or licensed clergy based on ethnicity, color, nationality, national origin, marital status, or economic condition.
Marriage and Sexuality
We believe marriage and sexual intimacy are good gifts from God. In keeping with Christian teaching through the ages and throughout the Church universal, we believe that marriage is the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union. We believe that God intends faithfulness in marriage and celibacy in singleness.
We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity. Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual or group are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture.